Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Somerville fans unite!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)

Go down 
+3
Mooner
Ian S
WTI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) Empty
PostSubject: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:58 am

In the Beginning There Was... is Amanda's debut album, which was released in 2000. The tracklist is as follows:

Puzzling Rapunzel
Still the Same
The Strength I Need
I Feel It
Angel of Mine
I Miss America
Just Happened
My Private Hell
How It Had Been
Blue Nothing
I Write For Me

Blue Nothing is an EP which was also released in 2000. It consists of five tracks:

Blue Nothing (Album Version)
How It Had Been (Live in San Diego)
This and That -or- Might've Beens (Previously Unreleased)
Angel of Mine (Soft Drum Mix)
Blue Nothing (The Red Mix)

So, who has these records? What do you think of them? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian S
Casual Fan
Casual Fan
Ian S

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 am

I have "In The Beginning There Was" and I like it, especially "Puzzling Rapunzel", " I Miss America" and "I Write For Me" but I think "Windows" is a big step forward in terms of songs and general vibe. Maybe I just like that there is a little rock edge creeping into some of the "Windows" stuff as being surrounded by all these loud guitars in Amanda's other projects is bound to have an influence eventually..... Twisted Evil

Well worth getting though and not just for the pretty cover.... Wink
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 am

I have both of them, and from 'In the Beginning...' my favourites are Puzzling Rapunzel, Just Happened, How It Had Been and Blue Nothing. The live version of How It Had Been on the EP is really lovely as well. I think her debut is... 'organic' - it's quite raw with few effects so you can just feel how it was meant to be, if that makes sense. Windows is definitely a step forward, but In The Beginning is quite charming, I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Mooner
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?
Mooner

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Have and love them both. Bring back a lot of good memories. I have a few extra sealed copies of Blue Nothing EP. Maybe the moderator would like them for a giveaway?
Back to top Go down
fehidragon
Stalker
Stalker
fehidragon

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Finally got my "In The Beginning There Was" cd!!!! Oh yeah!!
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm saving up to order both Windows (I have some of the digital songs) and ITBTW, sooooo excited!
Back to top Go down
fehidragon
Stalker
Stalker
fehidragon

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:04 pm

AmyKurai wrote:
I'm saving up to order both Windows (I have some of the digital songs) and ITBTW, sooooo excited!

Hope you get them soon!
Back to top Go down
WTI
Stalker
Stalker
WTI

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 am

AmyKurai wrote:

It's worth every penny! They're fantastic albums.
Back to top Go down
ABMaro
Stalker
Stalker
ABMaro

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:23 pm

By Tuesday, I'll have enough!
Very Happy + bounce = me
Back to top Go down
citrine
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am

Hello there!

I am new in this forum! it's very nice to see that Amanda has a fan forum page! I've missed so much Crying or Very sad

I just wanted to ask you where can I find this album? I need the songs so much! anybody help me? pleaaseeee Smile
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am

You can buy all her albums here but she's currently redoing the webshop so perhaps waiting a little would be a good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
citrine
Amanda Who?
Amanda Who?

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 am

Thank you Myrn! Until that time, is there any place to listen some songs from the album? like a web page or something like that? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Oneofthepandies
Stalker
Stalker
Oneofthepandies

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 am

I don't think so, you could try checking out itunes and youtube I suppose.
Also, why not try introducing yourself in the topic made for it. We love getting to know our new members Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oneofthepandies.blog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)   In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP) Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Beginning There Was... & Blue Nothing (EP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official Amanda Somerville Fanclub :: Amanda Somerville :: Solo work-
Jump to: